Your Reliable, Affordable Choice for Recycling Extruders
NFM has over a half-century of experience in the reprocessing of plastics, including contaminated, mixed materials.
As a leading manufacturer of intermeshing twin-screw extruders, non-intermeshing twin-screw extruders, and continuous melt filtration systems, we are uniquely qualified to support your recycling extruder requirements and add value to post-consumer plastics and rubber. We have ongoing developmental programs with government and university groups, which can provide numerous resources toward developing an optimized turnkey system. When it comes to recycling extruders, NFM is your choice for affordable reliability.
NFM can tailor a recycling extruder system to precisely meet your needs.
Available Equipment Includes
- TEM Series Co-Rotating Intermeshing Twin Screw Extruders
- High shear capabilities for superior melting of multiple polymer streams
- Intensive dispersive mixing for excellent homogeneity
- Flexibility of screw and barrel configuration design for various recycle streams
- WE Series Counter-Rotating Non-Intermeshing Twin Screw Extruders
- Low shear and high surface renewal for superior washing & venting
- Wide feed openings and downward screw motion for excellent feed acceptance
- Long L/D ratios permit multistage additions
- Reduced wear due to minimize rubbing surfaces in the non-intermeshing design
- Small contaminants able to pass through non-intermeshing design without damaging the machine.
- Multiple feed opening extruder designs for venting and moisture removal.
- Crammer feeders for low-bulk-density feeds
- Kleen Screen melt filters for mildly contaminated plastics (particle size less than 1mm)
- Other filtering devices, such as slidegates and intermittent back washing purgers for more contaminated plastics
- Auxiliary equipment, such as solid and liquid feeders, vacuum pumps and pelletizers
Additional flexibility is made possible by:
- Modular screws and barrels
- Variations in screw design and operating conditions that provide wide latitude in high- and low-shear capabilities
- The use of stripping agents for odor removal and mixing or compatibilizing agents
- The integration of sequential feeds and vents. An NFM twin-screw extruder allows you to combine several process steps in a single machine.
No matter what your recycle stream includes, or where it comes from, with the flexibility of both intermeshing and non-intermeshing designs, NFM is uniquely positioned to design complete custom recycling extruders for any recycling challenge.
For more information and specifications on our TEM or WE Series Twin Screw Extruders, follow their respective links found at the top of the page.
Put NFM to work on your next recycling extruder challenge. Call us at 330-837-3868, or initiate a quote today.